Duct tape bows are fine accessories that you could wear anytime — it could serve as an ornament to your wallet and even a beauty add-on to your hair. You can actually make different types of duct tape bows to match your daily your daily moods and outfits. Duct tape bows are actually easy to make and it can be made in a short period of time.
Here’s how to make duct tape bows.
You will need 1 to 2 rolls of your favorite duct tape. Choose the one that is attractive and would match well with your personality and style. You will also need a utility knife, a rotary cutting mat, a ruler and a pair of scissors.
1. Pick a duct tape that you would like to use as a main color for the bow and cut two 3-inch strips of it.
2. The adhesive side of the first piece should be flipped upside and should be pressed adhesive to adhesive with the other piece on the cutting mat.
3. Cut the duct tape edge straight and evenly using the grid of the cutting mat. Make a straight line along the short end using a ruler. Trim it with scissors.
4. Make a crease down the center of the tape by folding the duct tape half carefully and evenly. After which, look for the crease and unfold and fold the long edges into the middle.
5. Make a strip by folding the bow three times. The strip should appear from the edge like a W or an M. Press the middle to create a bow.
6. Cut another a 2-inch piece of duct tape to hold the bow. Split it down the middle to make it appear smaller.
7. Press the first piece in the middle and wrap its center with the second tiny piece of duct tape that you made.
8. Let it puff out by pressing the front and the back of the bow.
9. Insert a bobby pin at through the middle of the bow.
10. You now have a beautiful bow! Make as many as you want following the same procedures with a different color of duct tape.
That’s how beautiful duct tape bows are made. Make your own bow now and enjoy!
Click here to know more about it